ORCO Block and Hardscape
From $19 – $22 hourly, based on experience
Full Job Description
Role and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager, the Back Office Support position provides administrative support to the Customer Service and Production Departments, following established policies and procedures.
Performs Account Payable Functions and Duties:
- Sorts, files, and retrieves A/P invoices, bills of lading, and any back-up documentation.
- Performs data entry functions and duties for accounts.
- Sends A/P batches that have been entered to the corporate office for review and payment.
- Interacts and maintains good working relationship with vendors and corporate office team.
- Provided monthly accruals to the corporate office team for pending invoices.
Performs Customer Service Functions and Duties:
- Receives orders at the counter and by phone. Assists customers to choose the products they need.
- Prepares orders shipping information completely and accurately.
- Documents Will Call or Scheduled Deliveries.
- Receives checks and verifies checks.
- Maintains and logs tickets.
- Prepares Sales and Daily Cash Reports.
Performs Human Resources Coordination Functions and Duties:
- Assists with new hire orientations and documentation.
- Assists with staff termination documentation.
- Processes background checks.
- Gathers and sends employment and termination documentation to the corporate office.
Additional Functions or Duties:
- Provides customer quotes as required.
- Performs other functions and duties as required including answering phones; maintaining work area in orderly and hazard-free condition, forwarding calls to Credit Manager or appropriate Sales Reps, faxing, or mailing information, reporting customer feedback, maintaining records; posting shippers, referring customers to local dealers, and assisting with training staff members.
Essential Functions and Qualifications:
- Prior experience performing back office and A/P functions for a high-volume office.
- Maintain excellent customer relations through friendly and helpful interactions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, calculators, fax machines, and copiers.
- Able to perform numerical calculations, create quotes, and calculate weight limits for deliveries.
- Regular and reliable attendance to work.
- Excellent communication skills with customers, vendors, new hires, corporate staff, and others.
- Able to gain good working knowledge of inventory sizes, types and colors, and product codes.
- Able to maintain a consistent level of productivity and meet deadlines.
- Able to understand and follow directions in English as required by safety and job performance standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standing and/or sitting for up to 8 hours per day.
Typing on computers and viewing computer monitors for up to 8 hours per day. Able to move files and records up to 10 pounds from ground level to 5 feet high.
8-hour shift Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent
Payables & Customer Service: 1 year
One location in Riverside
Communication method(s) used:
We follow current CDC guidelines
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org